2026年8月25日 星期二

Dolly Parton (1946-2026 美好的女性,偉大的鄉村音樂巨星多莉·帕頓去世了。她總是那麼活潑開朗,充滿活力......她明白自己對世界人民的影響。能讓她演唱我的歌曲《Let It Be》,對我來說是莫大的榮幸。) 我們大學年代的名曲2首 ‘Jolene’ (1973);‘I Will Always Love You’ (1974) //有些人的形象已經遠遠超過真人尺度,成為某種類型的代稱,概念的原型,以致於消息傳來,一時難以 落實它的真實意義。 不可思議的才女創作歌手,永恆的創世女神,謝謝你。// In the stage production From the Heart: The Life and Music of Dolly Parton at Dollywood, Dolly explicitly quotes Emily Dickinson, telling the audience: "Emily Dickinson said 'That Love is all there is, / Is all we know of Love.'"

 


Dolly Parton

1946-2026


//有些人的形象已經遠遠超過真人尺度,成為某種類型的代稱,概念的原型,以致於消息傳來,一時難以 落實它的真實意義。


不可思議的才女創作歌手,永恆的創世女神,謝謝你。//


Dolly Parton, smiling, singing into the microphone.
Dolly Parton’s vast catalog contains no fewer than 49 studio albums which, together, generated 25, No. 1 singles on Billboard’s Country chart.Credit...Richard E. Aaron/Redferns, via Getty Images

Dolly Parton: Hear 15 Essential Songs

The singer-songwriter rose from poverty to become a chart-topping performer whose earnest character allowed her to span genres.

Every sound and sentiment in “Jolene” remains indelible, from the taut guitar riff that provides its spine to Parton’s escalating pleas to the title character not to take her man. Though inspired by jealousy, the song centers on empathy, with the narrator repeatedly asking Jolene to put herself in her shoes. As a single, it never rose above No. 60 on the pop charts, but it remains a lodestone of Parton’s legend.

Listen on Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube

Inspiration ran so high for Parton at the time, she wrote this enduring gem on the same day as “Jolene.” It’s simultaneously a goodbye, and thank you, note to Porter Wagoner for giving her a platform she had, by then, far outgrown. While Whitney Houston’s stentorian delivery of the song treated steadfast love as a slogan, the delicacy of Parton’s take communicates a fathomless depth.

Listen on Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube


《Jolene》(1973)


《Jolene》中的每一個音符和每一句歌詞都令人難以忘懷,從貫穿全曲的緊湊吉他即興演奏,到帕頓對歌名中的主人公Jolene不斷懇求她不要搶走自己心上人。儘管創作靈感源自於嫉妒,但這首歌的核心卻是同理心,歌中的敘事者一再懇求Jolene設身處地為她著想。作為單曲,它從未在流行音樂排行榜上攀升至第60名,但它仍然是帕頓傳奇生涯中的一塊基石。


▶ 在Spotify、Apple Music或YouTube上收聽


《I Will Always Love You》(1974)


當時帕頓的創作靈感如泉湧,她在創作《Jolene》的同一天就寫出了這首經久不衰的佳作。這首歌既是對Porter Wagoner的告別,也是對他給予帕頓一個她早已超越的舞台的感謝。惠妮休斯頓用她那宏亮的聲音將忠貞的愛情演繹成一句口號,而多莉帕頓細膩的詮釋則傳遞出一種深不可測的內涵。


▶ 在 Spotify、Apple Music 或 YouTube 收聽



Dolly and Emily 💗 


In the stage production From the Heart: The Life and Music of Dolly Parton at Dollywood, Dolly explicitly quotes Emily Dickinson, telling the audience: "Emily Dickinson said 'That Love is all there is, / Is all we know of Love.'"

💗

The only poem -- by anybody -- that Dolly Parton mentions in her autobiography is by Dickinson:  

If I can stop one

Heart from breaking

I shall not live

in vain

If I can ease one

Life the Aching

Or cool one Pain 



Or help One fainting

Robin

Unto his Nest again

I shall not live

in vain 




[cf. https://www.emilydickinson.org/titanic-operas/folio-one/introduction]

Paul M

偉大的鄉村音樂巨星多莉·帕頓去世了,這令人無比悲痛。她是一位如此美好的女性。我第一次見到她是在納許維爾的鄉村音樂聖殿——大奧普里劇院,當時她正與鄉村音樂明星波特·瓦格納一起演出,即將開啟她的個人音樂生涯。她總是那麼活潑開朗,充滿活力,所以聽到她離世的消息,我感到非常難過。她在鄉村音樂界的創作、演唱和慈善事業都無人能及,很難想像沒有多莉的世界會是什麼樣子。她是一位非常精明的商業女性,她深諳自己音樂的價值,更重要的是,她明白自己對世界人民的影響。能讓她演唱我的歌曲《Let It Be》,對我來說是莫大的榮幸。雖然我對這首歌的貢獻微乎其微,但她能唱這首歌,我感到無比榮幸。我為認識她而感到驕傲,也為她獨特的才華而敬佩。


感謝多莉,感謝你為我和全世界帶來如此美妙的音樂。我們將永遠愛你,願上帝保佑你,安息吧。你是最棒的。


💗

"Dickinson and Parton can belong together as creative American women."

https://amherstbulletin.com/2026/01/09/book-review-aint-nobodys-fool-the-life-and-times-of-dolly-parton-biographer-martha-ackmann-of-leverett-explores-the-decency-and-calculated-genius-of-the-cou/

The magnificent star Dolly Parton has died and it is so sad. She was such a wonderful woman. I first met her in Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry where she had been playing with the country star Porter Wagoner and was about to start her solo career. She was so bubbly and full of life it is difficult to take in the news that she has passed. Her songwriting, her singing and her philanthropy were unrivaled in the world of country music and it is hard to imagine living in a world without Dolly. She was a very clever business woman who understood the value of her music and, most importantly, the effect that she had on the people of the world. There was no greater honour for me than to have her sing my song Let It Be and, even though I only made a small contribution to it, I am so honoured that she did it. I am so proud to have known her and admire her unique talents.

 

Thanks Dolly for the beautiful music you gave me and the whole world. We will always love you, god bless and rest in peace. You were the best.



沒有留言:

網誌存檔